Now more than ever, it is not uncommon for divorcing couples to continue living within the same house throughout the divorce proceedings. With financial restrictions and family commitments making moving out off the cards until everything is finalised.
For many this can be a very challenging period and the current Government guidance on Coronavirus only adds to the complications.
One of the worries you may be experiencing is how you are going to communicate with your solicitor about your divorce with your spouse around the house. To help we have outlined the ways in which we are able to help you, should you find yourself in this situation.
Ways we can help:
- Unless we are told otherwise, no post will be sent to your home address.
- We have remained fully contactable throughout COVID-19, our team are also now back in office and so phone calls or emails will be promptly replied to.
- PPE steps have been taken to ensure safety of you and our team, and so, a face-to-face meeting can be arranged. We may also be able to offer you a quiet private office space for you to join a scheduled court hearing that is due to take place via telephone or video.
- Should you be able to and wish to, we are also able to meet with you via a video call.
- We will also speak with you to see what hours work best for you to meet with us, outside of normal working hours for telephone or video calls can be arranged. This is to help support you if you are a key worker or are needed throughout the day to homeschool and care for your children.
We understand that everyone's living situation is different, the steps above are just some of the ways our experienced team are here to support you.