Fixed Fee Package - Pre-Nuptial Agreement
What is a Pre-Nuptial Agreement?
A prenuptial agreement is a document in which a couple set out how their property, debts, income and other assets shall be divided should they get divorced in the future.
What is included in the fixed fee package?
The fee includes advice by way of an initial consultation or detailed telephone conversation with you in addition to the following:
- Obtaining the information we need to be able to draft the agreement
- Advising you as to the implications of signing a pre-nuptial agreement
- Drafting the agreement
- Arranging for signature by you and your partner
- Storing the original
You will be provided with a direct email address and direct dial telephone number for your solicitor.
The fee assumes that you have agreed the general nature of what you would like to happen if your relationship ends. If you are in dispute about an aspect of this you will need advice beyond that provided by the fixed fee.
How much is the Fixed Fee Prenuptial Agreement Package?
The fixed fee package can be broken down as follows:-
Our fees: £650
VAT on our fees: £130
What is not included in the fixed fee package?
- Any costs associated with negotiating the terms of the agreement as it is assumed that a general agreement has been reached between you.
- Any costs relating to children issues.
- Any extra costs will be discussed and agreed with you before any work is undertaken.
Why pay a fixed fee?
By paying a fixed fee at the start of your case you have certainty about the costs involved. The alternative is to pay an hourly rate (currently £150 plus VAT) for the time your solicitor spends on your case. We believe you should pay for the work that needs to be done, rather than the time it takes to do it.