Respondent Divorce (Uncontested)
What is included in the fixed fee package?
All costs associated with helping you with your side of an uncontested divorce.
An initial appointment or detailed telephone conversation with you is included in the price. We will collect all the relevant details from you, correspond on your behalf with the other parties involved (your spouse and their solicitor, if appropriate) and will also deal with the following:
- Advise you upon the contents of the Divorce Petition and Statement of Arrangements form and send you copies of the same.
- Complete on your behalf an Acknowledgement of Service form (protecting your interests in relation to children and financial matters) and return the form to the court.
- The District Judge checks all the paperwork to establish that your spouse has proved grounds for divorce. If this is the case they give a date when the divorce will be partly announced.
- Advise you when Decree Nisi will be pronounced by the court.
- Sometimes Respondents are asked to pay the legal costs of the other party in addition to their own. We can advise you fully in relation to this and write a letter to help you. It is possible to attend Court to argue the point but this is not included in the fixed fee.
- 6 weeks and 1 day later, provided there were no problems, your spouse can make an application to get the Decree Absolute which is the document proving the final legal end to the marriage. We will check this document and send it on to you with advice about issues that then arise such as making a Will.
Throughout this process we will tell you when one of the above steps has been taken. You will be provided with email, telephone and direct dial telephone contact numbers for your solicitor.
How much is the Fixed Fee Respondent Uncontested Divorce Package?
The fixed fee package can be broken down as follows:-
Our fees: £250
VAT on our fees: £50
What is not included in the fixed fee package?
Any costs associated with a contested divorce
Any costs relating to financial or children issues (any extra costs will be discussed and agreed with you before any work is undertaken).
Why pay a fixed fee?
By paying a fixed fee at the start of your case you have certainty about the costs involved. The alternative is to pay an hourly rate (currently £150 plus VAT) for the time your solicitor spends on your case. We believe you should pay for the work that needs to be done, rather than the time it takes to do it.
Call us now on Newton Abbot 01626 333380